Classes Offered at Manitowoc County Kennel Club
- Fun With Agility
- This class is for dog and handler teams that want to begin Agility training. The goal of this class is to teach dog and handler teams basic foundation skills needed to advance to Introduction to Obstacles. (8 dog and handler teams max per class)
- Introduction to Obstacles
- Participants must have graduated from the Foundation of Agility Class. The goal of this class is for dog and owner teams to become comfortable with the agility equipment. Experienced agility handlers will assist in learning safe techniques on Agility obstacles. (8 dog and handler teams max per class)
- Introduction to Sequencing
- This class is for training teams who have completed and graduated the Intro to Obstacles class. Students will continue to learn the basic obstacle skills while learning to move from one obstacle to another off leash. This class is a chance to learn basic maneuvering and handling skills necessary to direct their dogs through 3-4 obstacles at a time. (8 dog and handler teams max per class)
- Advanced Agility
- This class is for training teams that are interested in competing or are experienced agility competitors who have trained their dogs to the skill level higher than the Introduction classes. This class will incorporate information from the previous classes and preparing dog and handler teams for competition in the Novice, Open and Excellent ring. (8 dog and handler teams max per class)
- Drop In Agility Classes
- This class will be offered by request or from time to time to allow dog and handler teams to work on agility equipment or agility problems of their choice. Cost for this class for non-members is $5.00 per hour.
See the Calendar for class times and dates and a list of classes currently offered.
General Information About Agility Classes at The Manitowoc County Kennel Club
All dogs must be crated when not working with an instructor. Please bring treats and toys to encourage motivation.
Proof of vaccination fecal report is required on sign up night. No dogs are allowed in class with flea or tick infestation.
Dogs showing aggression in class (within reason) will be refunded their fee and be referred to an Animal Behaviorist. Wolf hybrids are not accepted in any class.
Students must be at least 12 years of age to participate in class. Children of any age are welcome to observe the classes on the sidelines and are informed not to approach a dog without permission of the owner. Children must NEVER be left unsupervised either inside or in the parking lot. Please do not allow children to approach crated dogs. The agility instructors and The Manitowoc County Kennel Club will not be liable for any accidents or damages incurred by any individual or his/her dog.
Dogs must be on lead at all times, indoors or out, unless permitted by the Trainer. It is recommended that a 6-foot leather leash be used and flat buckle collars. Retractable leashes, choke and pinch collars are not allowed in class.
Female dogs in season are NOT permitted in the building at any time. Speak with your instructor if your dog comes into season during a class.
Smoking is prohibited on MCKC Grounds.
Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their own dog. There is a graveled, fenced area for use with clean up bags/tools. If your dog relieves himself in class, we will hold your dog while you clean up.
If classes need to be canceled due to bad weather, listen to local radio for an announcement. In the event that your class in canceled, your class will be extended by 1 week.