Manitowoc County Kennel Club (MCKC) would like to shout out a huge thanks to all the wonderful people who volunteer at club events! We can't do it without you! If you are interested in volunteering at MCKC, we welcome help from both MCKC members as well as non-members. If you are a MCKC member, there are many ways you can complete your 25 volunteer hours each year.
Ways you can volunteer at MCKC
- Events - We host a variety of events each year including conformation shows, agility trials, hunt tests, field trials, and correction clinics. If you don’t have experience in any of these events, don’t worry! In most cases, there are plenty of tasks that don’t require you to have knowledge about the sport. Please contact the appropriate individual (e.g. hunt & field contacts are listed on the “MCKC hunt & field” page) and reference our calendar for event dates if you are interested in volunteering at one of our events.
- Clubhouse Cleaning - We always need help cleaning bathrooms, floors, dusting, etc. Please contact Sharon Mann if you are able to help out.
- Membership Meetings - For every meeting you attend, you receive 1 volunteer hour.
- Food - Volunteer to bring baked goods or other food items to a club event or membership meeting. Generally speaking, you receive 1 volunteer hour for each item brought (e.g. 1 cake = 1 volunteer hour).
- Classes - Volunteer to instruct or assist in one of our classes at MCKC. Most class sessions are 7 weeks long, so you will earn 7 volunteer hours with perfect attendance.
- Committees - Volunteer to be a committee chair or a committee member.
- Officers & Board of Directors - Run for one of our elected positions each year. Elections are in December.